Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day #2

Today, I was sitting at my kitchen table just eating my lunch and I got a little of my lunch on my face. So without even thinking about it I grabbed a paper napkin wiped my face and threw it in the trash. Right after I did I realized that I didn't have to use paper napkins I could grab a cloth one that would just be washed and re-used. This got me thinking about how much of conserving our waste is changing our habits and the way we think. There was nothing easier about the paper napkin it was just there. If the cloth napkin would have just been there I would have used that. How much stuff do we use and then through away just because it is in front of us. Or another theory would be that we use a lot of products just because that is what we have always used. We have always used paper napkins so I instinctively reach for the paper napkin when I need to wipe food off my face. I'm not a big environmentalist. I don't think that I'm going to save the planet. But I do feel that as a person of this world that God has created that I should be a good steward of the little piece that God has allowed me to be in.

No comments: